Monday, February 5, 2007

Brand New Blog!

"Those who wander are not lost."

"For my part, I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to move."

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."

My apologies for the bombardment of travel-related quotations, but what better way to start a travel blog?

The back-story:
I am a 25-year-old Philadelphia native who studied Film & Video Production in college, went on to work for over two years in New York City in Television Production, but I've gotten slightly bored sitting at the same old desk doing the same old thing. So, I caved in and applied for a job that will keep me consistently on the move... and got it. I intend to keep everyone informed of my favorite things as I venture from city to city, country to country, wherever the path may lead.

Why I made this decision:
Six months ago, I was invited to celebrate my parents' wedding anniversary in one of the most beautiful countries of the world, Italy. Until this point, I was intensely involved in my work in New York, oblivious to the rest of the world.

Sometime between funicula'ing to the top of Capri
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
navigating the Venice canals
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
and climbing bell towers in Sienna
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
my wanderlust was reignited. When our tour manager asked "Are any of you interested in doing what I do for a job?", it was still difficult to conceive at that time. But, when I returned to America and was rechained to my desk, surfing travel websites, pouring through cruise brochures, I knew I was only biding time until I escaped.

In the fall, I took a few excursions -

I visited a friend in grad school in DC,
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
rang in the New Year in Las Vegas,
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
and dipped my toes in the San Diego ocean,
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
and by this time, I was good and ready to go and never come back. My two weeks notice is in, and I will soon be adventuring (and blogging) all over the world! Don't worry - NYC is phenomenal in its own right and I will be back!

No comments: